Thursday, January 24, 2008

LAX

Its been awhile since I posted but I went to LAX to pick Dee up Sunday afternoon. It was really easy to get to again. Except the traffic sucked. Its like a 6 lane highway... and we were crawling.

Downtown LA



I got to LAX about 15 minutes early so I parked and got out of the jeep. Little did I know until the door closed that I had "locked" my keys in the jeep. And I say "locked" because let's face it, a wrangler isn't really locked. Its inconveniently closed. So, in order to get into said vehicle you have to inconvenience yourself by unzipping the windows and crawling through the hole. Dee and I did rock, paper, scissors to see who would have to crawl through. I won but I felt adventurous and bad since she had been flying all day so I agreed to do it anyways.





It was dark by the time that we exited LAX. The freeways everywhere were jammed pack. Cars in all 6 lanes and nothing but the red glare of brake lights. I decided to go home through Santa Monica Blvd since it would only take us on two freeways for short periods... (gulp) the 405. Which lovingly had a wreck on it further down. So, we blared the music and air guitared all the way down to our exit on the Santa Monica Freeway.. which was surprisingly a little better.

We left LAX at 5:45pm and got home at 7:30pm. When I left it when I dropped her off at 4:30am, I got home at 5:15am. There's the comparison.

We treated ourselves to sushi afterwards. And it was good. Really, really good.

No comments: