

These aren't my pictures... we weren't allowed to bring cameras in but I went to a Chelsea Lately taping yesterday where I was apart of the audience. It was awesome!! There were like twenty of us audience members. The stage was small and much props because they have their stuff together. Chelsea did everything in one take but she did end up redoing the intro monologue because she needed to do it faster for time.
I was a little late leaving for Santa Monica since I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off because I was getting my demo reel and resume altogether. I'm trying for a position at DreamWorks Animation which is like 5-6 miles from us. Its a Cycles Character Animator position. Basically what that position does is animate background and random characters as well as clean up movement from the Animators and Supervising Animators. Its a pretty entry level position so I'm semi confident that they will feel a little more comfortable with taking a risk on a fresh out of school college kid. Its all based on your demo reel anyways. So, cross your fingers.


I'm also looking at other places to send my demo reel to. I have a list of like 8 other places.
My GPS on my phone ended up taking me through downtown LA. Went through Koreatown, Chinatown etc. Not some place I would ever ever be alone or especially at night. Anyways, I followed the directions to the parking lot we were supposed to use. It was mainly vacant and it was G4TV employee parking!! That was freaking awesome. So, Chelsea's studio was about 3-4 blocks away and a bunch of the other audience members were walking towards it as well so I followed them. It was funny because the show requests that you dress up so there was this group of people probably bout 8 of us walking on the side of Olympic Blvd in high heels.
People probably didn't know what to think. I got there and I gave this guy my printed ticket and I got in this semi long line that went into the building. Everyone went through security, a metal detector, and bag search and then we were given an audience numbered card to put around our neck and we all waited outside.
Finally, they let us in and everyone was seated in the stage area. A comedian Brody Stevens entertained us while we waited for everything to get set up. Brody is performing today with Sarah Silverman at a comdey show in LA!
They adjusted some of the chairs around. Then Chelsea came out to thank us for coming to the show and went to do her opening monologue. I was impressed. It didn't seem fake like I thought it was going to. She nails everything. Probably because she had to when she was doing stand up comedy.
It was a pretty awesome day!! Traffic was pretty bad. I left Santa Monica at 4:30 and arrived home at 5:45. I was able to take a picture of a sweet Burbank sunset in the parking lot of Office Depot though. Here it is..

Oh and big news!! Animation Mentor started back yesterday! I'm in class 3 and you can never believe who my mentor is!!! Mike Walling the same one I had in Class 1!! Yay! Mike was a cool guy and I learned alot from him! Our first Q&A of the term is tonight at 6pm and one of my classmates is also from Burbank!!


No comments:
Post a Comment