Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Settling into the swing of things....


Things are starting to settle down at Staples. yay... finally. I'm going to a Dodger's game with the Staples crew on the 30th! My first Los Angeles Dodgers game at Dodger's Stadium.

I'm pretty excited. Everyone is absolutely OBSESSED with the Dodgers here.


8 MONTHS AGO YESTERDAY I MOVED TO CALIFORNIA....
I've realized that even though I don't have that Animation Job yet.... I'm only twenty and a half ;) years old and I'm farther than most 21 year olds and I am lucky enough to work with a really good core group of people and couldn't ask for a more fun, nice, and goofy group of people to work with.

Looking back, I've grown a lot in 8 months. I've learned things and dealt with things that most 20 year olds don't have to deal with and I survived. I've found my natural rhythm to my own life and am much healthier and stronger than I was. I'm ready and more determined than ever to get into Animation. Staying up till 2am each night animating has had its strain... especially when you have to be at work by 8am... but in the end it will be worth it and boy will I have some stories to tell of how I got to become an Animator.

AND EXACTLY 3 MONTHS till I turn 21!

Which is my new goal... to get an Animation job before I turn 21. Its going to take ALOT of work... but I'm willing and ready to put in the time....

Anyways, back to business.... Watched my Critique this morning from my assignment I turned in last week. I took 3 pages worth of notes. My goal was to complete one page worth of notes before I had to go into work today. Here's what I have so far....got alot more to do to it tomorrow on my day off! It seems like Wednesdays and Thursdays have turned into my "Saturday" and "Sunday".... which is AWESOME since everyone else is at work so I can focus on my schoolwork.



And here's what I got so far on my other "side-project" animation...



I'm in the process of making a new demo reel.... so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jordan,

Very proud of you! You are doing great!! Great things will come.

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Cool dance video Jordan! I've watched it a couple of times. Really neat!! Love, MOM