Saturday, July 26, 2008

Progress, progress, progress

Been a while since I've updated. Took some much needed time off... and I actually feel refreshed and ready to work on stuff.... dig in more. I've found that if you pull out right on the brink of burn out then take a day or so off you work better than going at it hard core everyday/night.

Here's what I've been working on as of now. I'm changing the character in the "First being that I saw..." clip into an Astronaut. I need to model a helment for it to place on the "interrogation" table. I'm becoming more "Artistic" in my approach to my Demo Reel. I look at it not in only a way to get an animation job... but as an artistic statement ... something unique to myself... its own piece of art.




Thanks to Animation Mentor and its lectures, as well as its students... I think I'm starting to find my own workflow. I think that's the process... not learning how to animate... but creating a workflow that works for you.

Here's a really good inspiring site for workflow and finding/improving your animation from an Animation Mentor student. Check out his blog:
http://kenshianimation.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_archive.html

Also, here is one project that i've been working on that is coming together quite well... still not done with it yet but its getting there. I have to have multiple projects going on at once.



And to celebrate one of the most compelling/well-written shows on television and in honor of the premiere of the 2nd X-Files movie...




And another up-and coming show with, I think, brillant writing and characters...Psych

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jordan.. Stuff is looking really good. Keep up the hard work. I remember the golf course scene I think from the movie Evolution...

REally great!!

Anonymous said...

Ps earlier comment with Evolution was from me.

Love,
Dad