
So.... everyone at Staple's are HUGE LA Dodgers fans. Last year they had the Dodger's First Baseman come in and sign autographs. This year was the pitcher, Joe Beimel.
It was a crazy morning because not only was Joe coming but we had the Los Angeles County District Manager coming. I was the head of the Technology Department for the morning and was running around like a chicken with my head cut off from 8am to noon trying to make sure all the holes were filled and tags were placed so I missed out on the signing.
We had people camping out in our parking lot! It was really insane. There is no person on this planet who I would camp out in a parking lot waiting for an autograph.
Anyways, evidentially the District Manager complimented my Department and my Manager bought a photo of the pitcher and got him to sign it for me. It was pretty rewarding =) even though I don't even watch baseball.
So.... the moral of the story is that hard work does get rewarded.... some rewards come in different shapes and sizes, but its the thought that counts.


No comments:
Post a Comment