Friday, May 1, 2009

Rig Work




Today's schedule: rigging.......rigging..... spines/arms/legs

Making progress, kicking ass, and taking names? hahaha.... no. But I am making progress. The character I have decided to dub as "Matt" is coming along. I'm currently in the process of constructed his spine.

Last night I figured out my production schedule. So... here it is. By Monday my goal is to have my rigs done... or at least finishing the last one or two up. I'm giving myself a week to do extremely rough animation (i.e. replacing all of my storyboard index card drawings with very rough playblasts of my scene set-ups in maya... furthermore i.e. have the characters timed correctly in their required spots at their required times... kind of like the equvilant to rehearsal? in live action filmmaking?)

After or during this coming week of doing the replacale/rough blocking I will be shooting myself in all the scenes as video reference. Then I have 3 weeks planned out and set aside for purely the animation of my scenes.

Of course all this is subject to expanding or contracting as necessity brings and takes away new pieces of this complex, yet totally doable puzzle ;)

So.... here's the latest spine test for the "Matt" character....




And my Alien rig is "basically" finished... minus blend shapes and a facial rig...

No comments: