

UFO interior set. I have some more set dressing to do on it but this what I have thus far.Last day of rigging my characters besides from extra blend shapes and additional facial expressions. I have the Alien and Matt finished and am working on Brian character rig now.
Spine is in place... just have to paint the weights and set-up the arm and fingers.
UPDATE FROM 10:45PM: Alien, "Matt", and "Brian" rigs are now basically complete except for the additions of blend shapes and extra facial expressions.
Ahhhh..... coming along, coming along. This marks three weeks since "official" start of working on my short film but if you include the 6 weeks I was sick thinking about the film then this marks 9 weeks.
So far I've learned soooooo much from this process. I know what to plan for now and what to expect. Problems have already arisen but I've grew myself to meet them... I love the challenge though. I now know an easier way to rig a cartoony like character using IK's and the Connection Editor.
Scripts are good but animatics save your life. Nothing beats drawing your problems and ideas out on to a page to see in real time what is to cultivate your ideas.
When I'm planning out my story and ideas I've learned the best way for me to go is by way of "Webbing".

Also, it helps me to write out the story problems on the space around the "Webs"... it looks very cluttered but hey.... as long as I understand it.... that's what matters.... well until I have to work with others on a project then it'd have to be cleaner.
And here's to Inspirational Video of the NIGHT.... This was created by Animator Patrick Smith, I love his work!


No comments:
Post a Comment