Wednesday, March 5, 2008

First Day of Training



Today was my first day of New Hire Training at Universal Studios Hollywood!! I got my name tag and got fitted for my uniform. They have this place called the Wardrobe Department which is a huge dry cleaning-like facility which has alot of clothing bags hanging from conveyer belts. There are hundreds if not a thousand of these. That's where they store the uniforms.

Universal also has their own seamstress who fitted my uniform on me. We also got our Employee ID badge photos taken. Using this badge I get free access to the theme park (a $64 a person, a day value FREE!!!) and I will never have to pay full price for the movies or entertainment in Southern California!!!

Universal really has their stuff together. They took us on another walking tour of the theme park and showed us the different shops we will be working at. The best part is that we will never be in the same store day after day... its random.

I meet some interesting people among my fellow New-Hire employees. The most interesting was this guy named Gary. Now Gary looks about 55 and he had worked at Universal before for 2 years. He resigned in 1999. Which is where the interesting part starts.... hahaha. This goth girl who worked in the same area as Gary evidentially would start arguments and stuff with him and Gary would defend himself. So, one day he had to take a golf cart somewhere and there was a death threat from this goth girl on the seat of the cart for him. So, he said he resigned.
Hahaha... freakiness.

So, it was the opposite situtation to my Circuit City uniform. My Circuit City uniform I provided my own pants and they gave me an XL Circuit City shirt when I wear a Small. Now, Universal evidentilly uses men pants only and now my shirt is perfect but my pants look like parachute pants. Like literally I have no butt... i could jump out of an airplane and fly or at least float like an umbrella or parachute because my belt is too big.

The seamtresses' solution for all the girls in my groups' pants problem was to go down a couple sizes (which helped 1% of the problem) and she gave us a belt!! Like a belt is going to do anything for my air pockets in my pants. I could store stuff in my pant legs they are sooo big. My legs don't even touch the inside of the pants, only if I lean against something. Hahaha ... BUT I'm gonna ROCK IT ANYWAYS! :)

No comments: